
And my grandfather (pictured below), my dad's dad, Frank senior, who served at the Mexican border in 1916 as a member of the U.S. Infantry. He also served in WWI and as a member of Company B 327th Battalion, 311th tank corps. He was gassed with Phosgene (mustard) gas in the Argonne Forest in 1918. He died from lingering effects in 1932, when my dad was only 9.
I have his bugle!
And hugs to Dad, who served in the Navy on the U.S.S. Porterfield in Viet Nam.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dinner was interesting. The flavors were interesting. Dad said it was good. I think I'd change it a lot. For one, the ginger sauce had a great flavor, and I liked it on the couscous and veggies better than on the salmon. But it had a lot of oil in it, so I'm hitting the bottle of tums. I'm in no mood to copy the recipe tonight, but see if this link works, then you can go right to it:
Roast Salmon With Ancho Chili-Ginger Sauce and Saffron Roast Vegetable Couscous
I didn't use the saffron, too expensive, and unless you really love cilantro, you might want to omit that as well. I bought a bunch, it was only 50 cents. Wasn't crazy about it.
The two times I had really great salmon was years ago at Red Lobster (mesquite smoked sockeye), and Maple glazed, that was in Ohio a couple years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment