Did you know that Australia is the driest inhabited continent on earth? It is, and not only that, some parts of the country have endured extreme drought for ten years. Yes, that long. People there practice water conservation in many different ways, mostly because they have to to keep from running out of water. My younger daughter and her husband have a rainwater collection system that channels rain from the roof into a large tank. They use that water on the gardens. They also have a "gray water" system that diverts used water from the washer to the lawn, and I think the orange tree, which is producing much better with that added moisture. We can certainly have too much water here in the US in the form of rain or snow. If only we could spread it around a bit!
Tonight for dinner we had Dad's still experimental tamale pie. It was a tad dry this time. Is that why I thought of the drought? Oh my, I hope Dad doesn't read this!!! But it was still yummy. Tonight's movie was "Martian Child" with Joan and John Cusack. It was good, touching.
No comments:
Post a Comment