Well about a month ago I got nailed by mosquitoes and the bites itched like crazy. I tried really really hard NOT to scratch them. I tried everything I had to make the itching stop. But I scratched them. And then two wouldn't heal. No matter what I did....so I finally went to my doc.
Doc: "You can take penicillin, right?"
Me: "No! I'm allergic!" (I know my chart says that)
Doc: "Then I will write (I heard the word sulfa-something)"
Me: "No, please, sulfa drugs make me sick!"
Doc: "I can write cyprofloxacin."
Me: "No, please, no, that's like getting kicked in the stomach for two weeks!!!"
Doc: "Z-pack?"
Me: "Yes! I can take Z-pack!"
Thankfully Z-pack is short, because it makes me tired and dopey. Last pill, Monday night, so I will start feeling normal about noon Tuesday.
Yeah, the bites are better.
I've been moving slowly on the house cleaning. I am frustrated. I have been piling stuff in the living room and kitchen that I no longer need. Now I am faced with getting rid of them. Most of them need to be sold, but to do eBay I need to find boxes for everything. And I have no way to hold a yard sale, nothing to put things on, and no helper to carry them out. And I really don't want people coming inside the house....still thinking this over.
Coming up...daughter's wedding in California and a trip to see my mmmmmmmmmm honey in Kosovo. I love the jet-set life! But I wish immigration would hurry up and send my hubby to me. We are looking at next year now. I think they do that on purpose, just to see if you will give up and withdraw the petition. Someone on an immigration forum mentioned that the Statue of Liberty should say, "Show us your money." No, that's not in the context of a bribe, it refers to people from wealthy nations getting approved faster.
3 comments:
Load up the car, donate the stuff, and take the write off on your taxes :-)
Oh, and I hope you feel better from the bites soon. :-)
Thanks, but I need pocket change for my trip. Oh...the harddrives...I haven't forgotten.
Post a Comment