Saturday, August 25, 2012

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter got married in California and while I was out there for the wedding I got a text message from the USCIS that hubby is APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all the paperwork goes to the National Visa Center. Hopefully that part will be shorter. It was a short visit in California due to flight delays and general rudeness of the San Francisco airport people. But the wedding was beautiful. I heard a song on the flight home and remembered that I first heard it at the naturalization ceremony on the 4th of July on "A Capital 4th" in Washington D.C. I'm dedicating it to my hubby. It's called Home by Phillip Phillips. Hubby listened to it and said it's appropriate, he loves it too.

The words below speak of our immigration journey and are so true for anyone going through immigration.

Home lyrics:

Hold on to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Settle down it'll be all clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons 
They will fill you with fear
The trouble, it might drag you down
If you get lost,you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

3 comments:

A :-) said...

Congrats!!!! How much longer do you think?

candy said...

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

candy said...

Maybe 5 months