Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back to Work

With the Conference coming up in just 2 weeks, I will be pretty busy almost every day. A Dell tech was here today fixing two laptops returned by employees. One simply "died" and the other was abused by a former employee. Thankfully the boss buys the Complete Care package that takes care of neglect and accidents, so the laptops were resurrected successfully.

So, what is a Conference, you may wonder. Once a year the employees gather for a company event, usually in a different location every year, where they attend some meetings and then relax, have fun, go to dinner, etc., while I clean and check all of their laptops. Here is a picture of my usual set up:



The usual---three or more tables set up with check-in sheets, soon to be filled with laptops and printers! Yup---there you have it---they party, I work! But I don't mind. The rest of the year they work hard while I part-time at home :-)

This year the Conference is in Little Rock, Arkansas, and I get to fly! That would be waaay too long a drive. I hope to complete my work in time to join everyone for dinner Saturday night.

It's getting late so that's it for tonight. Plenty more to come later.

No comments: