72 degrees!!! It's cloudy now but we have rain coming. We need it so bad. It's as dry as a popcorn fart here. Woke up early to my hubby's sexy voice on the phone. His second trip to the embassy is in 5 days. I am busy sorting through old papers I should have sorted through years ago (they were stuffed in boxes....egads I'm disorganized). Soon I will have a place for everything and everything in its place. I've always wanted that. It's been a long learning process. My parents always lived in teeny tiny houses and had lots of arts and craft projects stacked up in neat piles everywhere, so I just never learned how to really do it right. Living with my husband for 6 weeks in 2011 was my first chance to live my dream.
When I came home I looked around and realized....holy crap I have too much stuff and I don't need it all. The first order of business was to box up all of my younger daughter's belongings that she left here when she moved to Australia. Then in the spring of 2012 my older daughter and I drove it all plus the pets to her new home in California. I have to admit I have not cleaned non-stop. I burn out easily, simply not knowing how to organize. Several books and lessons from the FlyLady later I have a better grip on things. Two good habits I learned from the FlyLady is a clean sink and a made bed. I am happy to say unless I am sick, I never go to bed without finishing the dishes and never have my morning coffee until the bed is made. I have actually shifted to doing the dishes after dinner instead of right before bed.
My Goal --- a company-ready house at ALL Times. How cool is that! My Albanian family lives like that. Why can't I? I have seen houses like that here in the USA. I mean, not EVERYONE needs to run around frantically stuffing stuff in closets and dishes in the dishwasher (or oven if you don't have a dishwasher) and frantically washing the bathroom sink and brushing pet hair off of everything just because you got a phone call that someone is coming over. I mean, as much as I loved my mother she never taught me anything about keeping a house. Very soon I will be living the uncluttered life. The pets? Oh....they all belonged to my daughter. I just fostered them while she lived in Australia all those years. I am enjoying a pet-free house. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cats. But my house is cleaner without them.
1 comment:
Cleaning lady. I have a great one if you want her number :-)
Post a Comment