Saturday, March 1, 2014

This winter has a cold, cold heart

It's long, it's cold, my floors are cold. Yeah, yeah, yeah, quit yer bitchin'. But I have never seen so many people laid off in the company I work for. When I say "work for", I mean I am a vendor....self-employed, I provide a service when needed. I'm not an employee. I guess they are going through some restructuring. It's a bad shake-up.

My husband's job....we are waiting...another meeting coming, and then paperwork. Hope it's still on for Monday. If winter and or the economy would release its icy stranglehold on everyone's throat, maybe, just maybe he could have worked this winter. The company he was working for said there was no more work. Nobody wants to hire a tile setter who has no truck and only a few tools. Like they say, you need money to make money.

No comments: