Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow! And tons of it

We had a big snowstorm come through last night, and a pile of Lake effect snow this morning. Here are some pictures.

Out my front door. It's 9AM and no plows in sight

Looking toward the expressway. I could tell it was open because I heard the plows banging all night, and the traffic rumbling all day

About 11 AM the Lake Effect snow hit and dumped another 5 or 6 inches

The cool drift out my front door tonight, before my daughter shoveled. Still no snow plows.

Just one of the huge drifts that coverd the fence

Drifts along the fence on the north side

The front shoveled. See that big blocky looking part on the left? That's 28 inches high. I just measured it.

Still no plows. There is a 4 foot pile of snow all around my car. When the plows do come by someday, the pile will be taller.

No comments: