Friday, October 29, 2010
Progressive Losses
Side effects of the treatment and progression of the cancer created a progression of losses. First, we only thought the dream to move to southern Indiana would be delayed a year or so. But then Dad lost the ability to walk, and then to eat more than a few bites or drink a few sips. In the last month reading the paper slipped away, and then following a movie or any train of thought. He never lost his love for me, nor his concern for my well-being over his. Though I cared for him at home 24/7 (except when he was in the hospital), near the end he asked me to let his care wait, so I could rest. I didn't want to let him go, he didn't want to go, but God said it was time for him to go. Now it is time to heal and to go on, from the losses to living. Dad wanted that for me. I love you, Dave, and I will always love and miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment