Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ramp & Lots of Help

This is my porch. It is a nightmare for dad to navigate with his rolling walker and impossible for a transport chair or wheelchair. Please excuse the dead ferns. You are welcome to come pull them out. I don't have the time or energy.



Here is my daughter and her brother-in-law building a ramp.



Setting the ramp in place.



The top is in place. They will be back tomorrow to finish it.


I am so thankful for the help. Another brother-in-law brought over a no longer needed wheelchair, which should be easier to roll than the transport chair I bought for $100 from Walgreen's. My next door neighbor has an SUV and she has offered to drive dad to his chemo treatments, since her SUV sits higher and will be easier for dad to get into. Our car is too low. He has to drop down to sit, and struggle to get up. My neighbor was a medic in the military and also a home nursing aid, so she will be a big help. I offered to pay but she said not unless she needs it.

No comments: