Thursday, June 11, 2009

Weather Radio Blues

Cooler near the lake AGAIN dammit! It's Mid June for cryin' out loud and we had to run the furnace today. Last night we has some rain and a bit of thunder. The rain went on all night, as did the weather radio.

EEEEOOOOEEEEOOOOEEEEOOOO!!! Warning there is a thunderstorm coming.

EEEEOOOOEEEEOOOOEEEEOOOO!!!! Wake up there is a flood WATCH for the river that is freakin' WAAAAY over in Illinois.

EEEEOOOOEEEEOOOOEEEEOOOO!!!!! Wake up there is a flood WARNING for the river that is freakin' WAAAAY over in Illinois.

EEEEOOOOEEEEOOOOEEEEOOOO!!!!!! Get your sleepy ass out of bed it's 4 am and the roads under the bridges are flooded so now that you're UP why don't you go OUT AND DRIVE IN IT you stupid idiot don't you know you should NOT be sleeping. You should be stumbling out into the living room every couple of hours to poke the button on this FABULOUS RADIO so it will SHUT UP.

Well, the radio didn't actually SAY that but it ruined my night of sleep warning me about crap that had absolutely nothing to do with me. So I shut off the alarm. Yes, I have it set for my area, but unfortunately "my" area includes Chicago Illinois, Hebron Indiana, Kankakee Illinois, and Lockport Illinois. Now that is just WAY to big of a coverage area. Well, I can shut off the flood stuff, I just have to fiddle with all the settings to do it and I just didn't feel like it today.

In other news, I am tired. That's about it. Not mad at the radio anymore. Heading to bed soon before I stuff my face with too much chocolate.

No comments: