Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A little more ammo....

...or is that soap for my soapbox? Anyway, I've been looking on the Internet, and it's a nice to see statements you've read in one place supported somewhere else, sort of like a cross-reference. As you may know, I've been referring to the wealth of information here: https://www.savecfcinhalers.org/

Today I read similar information here:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/22/the-inhaler-squeeze/

A quote from the article caught my eye:
"Ironically, the amount of CFCs released by inhalers has been comparatively tiny: about 1,200 tons a year, out of the 1.8 million tons released into the atmosphere when the Montreal Protocol environmental treaty was drafted in 1987."

Did you catch that?
The amount of CFCs released by inhalers: 1,200 tons per year.
The amount of CFCs from all other sources: 1.8 MILLION tons per year.

For a drop in the bucket we have lost our right to breathe.

No comments: