No, I'm not talking about that sudden shock where a person can't breath. I'm talking about arthritis! I don't have arthritis UNLESS I EAT PLANT PROTEIN. I can eat a little bit of peanut butter and be fine. But if I repeat 3 days in a row I will have pain in my hips and knees! Stop eating peanut butter and I'm fine after a day or so. Same with eating peanuts. I can nibble on a few, but if I keep it up, it will get me!
Other things have joined the list. When I was younger they didn't bother me. A few years ago I ate some Cashews. They are so yummy! I ate a BIG handful. Within minutes I was laying on the couch writhing in pain!! The joints in my hips, knees and FEET swelled up, turned red and throbbed! It was horrible. I had similar reactions with Hazelnuts and Macadamia nuts. Darn I love Macadamia nuts, but they HATE me!
The culprit - PLANT PROTEIN - is the main component of MSG and all the names it hides under, plus....and get this...Stevia! Yup, had a bad reaction to that, too. I went to a health food store and what did I find? Soy and Stevia in almost everything! Ahhh...but it's healthy...NOT FOR ME!
Thankfully I can live a very normal life and avoid getting large enough amounts in my system to cause a reaction. It's ok if I eat something with a few peanuts in it, as long as I do it once, and not every day. MSG and Stevia, however, must be avoided at any amount.
Other things to avoid....Aspartame (scratchy throat, stomach ache, headache), and any other artificial sweetener other than Splenda. I can tolerate Splenda.
No comments:
Post a Comment