Saturday, February 1, 2014

snow cold snow snow COLD Snow SNOW SNOW cold snow snow cold

That's about the extent of this winter. The jet stream has buckled because of warm Pacific water. It is pushing warm weather all the way up into Alaska, causing devastating landslides. Alaska has been in the 60's. Then the jet stream makes a sharp bend and pushes the polar air straight down on us. They are saying now it could continue through March.

I guess the one good thing about having a tiny house is that it's cheaper to heat. I have plastic on all the leaky windows, which hubby and I both hate because, well, the plastic looks podunk, and the tape leaves residue. Hubby has had no work since the 2 days in the beginning of January. People just aren't getting tile installed in the dead of winter. The big hotel jobs that were mentioned last fall have not materialized.

I think pretty much everyone in the Midwest feels they didn't sign up to live in Alaska. Last winter was one of our warmest. The weather has always varied here, sometimes more so. However, we do seem to be bouncing around in extremes.

In other news, (not sure if I mentioned this before) my older daughter is getting married in the spring. We were all hoping we could fly her sister and her hubby here for the wedding but it looks like those plans are in limbo for two reasons....$1000 for round trip tickets for the two of them and no one to watch their kitty who needs medicine every day. The thing about Crescent City, they are 6 hour's drive from anywhere there is a major airport. The only thing that flies in and out is a "prop job" owned by United.


My Samsung Intensity II phone captured a cool stop-action of the propellers. My camera only caught a blur.

I would like to go back to visit, and bring hubby. He has not seen any more of America than O'Hare Airport and our immediate area of Indiana.

No comments: