Monday, January 6, 2014

Ok that's more normal

Hubby gets paid every 2 weeks. The first two checks were for 2013. We figured out why such a tax sticker shock on check # 2. The first check had no taxes taken out. The second check had double taxes to make up for it. This first check in 2014 was normal. Phew! Work has been slow. One thing about the construction trades....the ebb and flow with the weather, the seasons and the holidays. Hubby would rather have a steady, 40 hour work week, but at least this is something. Now we are just waiting for this north pole weather to go back where it belongs. We had piles of snow and now bitter cold. They call it the Siberian Express or a Polar Vortex. Wednesday is supposed to be better, and ABOVE freezing this weekend! Woot! We had 29 below zero here, once. First hubby worked for a heating & A/C company and he had service that night. The phone rang ALL night.

In other news, we have a pet, a bunny. Someone didn't want her. She doesn't bite, doesn't chew on things, and is litter trained. She has no smell whatsoever, not even her litter box, so I'm thinking she is fixed. When she sniffs my feet it feels like cotton ball kisses lolol. We bought rabbit food, timothy hay blocks, a water bottle and chew sticks for her. We were going to buy a cage but got sticker shock and decided to wait. I had her blocked off to the kitchen. We made her a box with old towels for a bed. Turns out she just lives in the kitchen, blockade or not. Sometimes she ventures into the living room or bedrooms and then back to the kitchen. She loves parsley. She will also eat some carrot. We bought mixed salad greens but we haven't opened the bag yet. I read they like to play with metal things that jingle, like measuring spoons. I can't give her mine but I gave her a jingle bell (not tiny). She rolls it around. They also like toilet paper rolls. She will pick it up by the end and toss it. I really had no idea rabbits would play, nor did I know they could be litter trained.

No comments: