....I'm just waiting for fall. Summer seems tired, dusty, buggy, full of spiders and other bugs, heat and humidity, air pollution, pollen, mold spores, you name it. After the first hard frost the air clears, it begins to look clean again. Yeah, I know it means winter is coming. My favorite month? October, then spring. I can't pick a month for spring because here it might be May one year, April the next, or even June. But most certainly summer is July. August is spider month. September, too, it it stays warm enough.
What is spider month you ask? Webs....at night. I'm afraid to walk outside at night unless I'm armed with a flashlight and a broom. I will not, I repeat, NOT walk into an orb web. The panic and fear attack I would experience would probably put me in the hospital. Yeah....it's that bad for me. My daughter just laughs and touches them while I stand at a distance, trembling and pale. Now a spider...without the web...I can take a tissue and grab it (and flush it). And those little black fuzzy jumping spiders? I don't mind them. They aren't web builders.
The only thing my mom could figure out is that when I was a baby the silk ribbon on my baby blanket frayed into hundreds of gossamer threads, and my mom found me tangled in them, screaming. Early imprinting? Whatever. The fear won't go away.
No comments:
Post a Comment