Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's been too hot! The living room is mudded. Needs to be sanded and mudded again. We had to spray for bugs. We kept getting earwigs and ants in the house. This spring I bought a pretty pot of pansies. But lately the blooms have been reduced to chewed stubs. I picked up the pot and HUNDREDS of earwigs went running everywhere. They don't seem to eat Impatiens but there were hundreds hiding under those pots as well. I tossed the pansies. Why feed those suckers.

So we bought some barrier spray. Then we cleared all vegetation that was next to the house. Then we started spraying. Hubby bumped the side of the house and omg THOUSANDS of ants and ant eggs poured out from behind the siding. So we changed tactics: bang on the house, spray like crazy. Every few feet or so dozens of earwigs would pour out, like scarab beetles in an Indiana Jones movie. It was so gross!!!

It looks like the heat spell will break this weekend.

No comments: