We both hope he can get a job and we hope it comes with health insurance, but we all know how hard it is to find a job with health insurance. I was looking at the Healthy Indiana Plan, which is my medical insurance. It is the state of Indiana's health plan for self-employed and low-income people that have no way in h-e double-toothpicks of getting health insurance any other way. I pay a monthly premium that is based on my income, so in a way, it is means-tested.
So anyway, hubby would need to be a citizen to qualify for the full plan that I have. As a Legal Permanent Resident he could sign up for emergency care, and they do stress EMERGENCY---such as "if you don't go you die emergency". To sign up for that, everything gets tied into the USCIS, whom, you may or may not know, is the keeper of my signed Affidavit of Support that says if hubby receives any means-tested government help then the government will come after me to pay it all back. The Indiana plan is the best insurance I've ever had and I'm thankful I have it. I'm thankful that my hubby is healthy, but I worry....what if he needs to see a doctor...what do we do?
No comments:
Post a Comment