Sunday, March 21, 2010

YES WE CAN!!!

Have universal health care! It was voted on tonight, still needs to go through the Senate, though. Some people are screaming that it takes away their rights. Huh?

Ok, it takes away my right to be denied insurance because I have pre-conditions. It takes away my right to be terrified that I might have a serious illness while uninsured, in which case I would need to empty my savings account to get care, and when the money is gone, go on Medicaid, which is a spend down program, so forget about those savings.

Woo.

Tell me why I should be against this?

I want to add---if we had this maybe my dad would have gotten care sooner, and been able to live longer, same for my mother-in-law. Two dear people lost too soon because they delayed to get care because they didn't have insurance.

No comments: