I want to make those pretty flowers!! But I can't read the patterns yet.
In other news, my daughter said tonight (in our ICQ chat) that it was beginning to rain. She added that she misses our lashing thunderstorms because the ones in Australia are mild and gentile. Then she said the weather is just now proving her wrong because a huge storm is coming in. The weather service reported, "Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones, destructive winds, very heavy rainfall and flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours." She's off-line now because hubby wanted her to drive the car over to his parent's and park it under the carport before the worst hit. I'll try to grab a radar screen shot when the biggest part of the storm is over Elizabeth, South Australia.
Ok, got pictures:
10:07pm Sunday our time but it's Monday afternoon in Australia. I put purple dots for Elizabeth (where my daughter lives) and Virginia (where her in-laws live). Look near the center of the map, just to the lower right of center. If you look south from Elizabeth you will see Adelaide. That's where her hubby works. You can also find Adelaide on any Australia map. This is a 64 km view.
Now here is the storm at 250 km at 10:19 pm our time.
And now zooming in to 64km again to show they heavy rains now hitting her area.
Rain like this is a common experience for us but Australia is coming out of a six to ten year drought.




3 comments:
The storm was awesome! Lots of rain and thunder and lightning, but no hail. The trip to the country was worth it though to see the huge lightning strikes! It rained so much and so fast the gutters couldn't keep up and were overflowing and the lawn and walkways were basically just one big puddle, the ground couldn't soak up the water fast enough. The weather service says we only got an inch, it sure looked like a lot more.
As for your crochet, that's a great start! I'm not sure why it got wonky at the end lol! You'll have to tell me which flowers you want to make, there should be a video tutorial for them on that site :)
Thanks for letting me know about the storm, since you had to go off-line and I didn't know. I think the crochet was wonky because that was at the beginning. It started to get more even toward the end, which is to the left in the picture.
I'm not really a crocheter anymore, but your stitches look even (except that wonky bit at the end ;-)) - I think that your founding chain was just tight. That's just a matter of practice :-) You'll be making stuff in no time at all!
Post a Comment