We didn't want to cook our family tradition of ham (sometimes I react to the nitrites and nitrates) so we had roast chicken, dressing, veggie, mashed spuds and cranberry sauce. We invited our neighbor to eat with us. It was yummy and I'm stuffed.
Last night we watched the Changeling. What a great period movie! It takes place in 1938 and it is based on actual shocking events. Besides the fascinating yet sad story (I'm trying not to spoil it) I really enjoyed the details in the background. The house, the furnishings, even the ornate wooden screen door, it was wonderful. My mom was 17 in 1938 and her mom had passed away several years before, but I still felt like I was seeing a house and furnishings as she may have seen it. I have pictures of the house her dad built and it seems of that period.
Tomorrow will be a busy day. Dad is taking the car for an oil change and an alignment. I have shipping to prepare, and I need to tend to all of my plants, and start packing. Wednesday we are heading down to southern Indiana again! This time the search is more serious.
Trixie wanted her picture taken
And here's a neat one of Macey

What I've been doing---here's the mess in the equipment room

And here it is now - mostly cleaned

Last but not least, we have a Robin nesting in the pine tree

Here's a close up

No comments:
Post a Comment